Monday, July 28, 2008

Griffin Inquisitor & Eschelius the Ardent


Here we have my further work into the Griffin Inquisition faction of the game. I love Inquisitor of the Griffin as a model very much. Although as one of my first works (the first in fact) it didn't come out as well as I would have liked. Fortunately I have a second copy of this model that I will get back to in time, once my skills are better.


Eschelius the Ardent was an interesting piece to work on. It was the most I've had to assemble a mini before, coming in at 4 pieces (2 arms upper and lower body). This marked my first attempt using "Green Stuff" and I think it came out rather well. I made the mistake of assembling his upper and lower body together before I'd painted him. So the cloak was in the way for much of my painting. Although it also covers up any mistakes in painting that I made under it. Although this photo doesn’t show it to well, Eschelius is my first attempt at eyes. I think the white might be TO white for the base of the eye. Perhaps something a bit more off white next time, but they came out well enough. He doesn’t look cross-eyed anyway.

No comments: