So I got this little bugger in the mail yesterday. Got it wrapped up this afternoon. It was definatly a lot of fun to work on. It was my first go at a resin miniature and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. Resin seems to hold detail very well, and has much cleaner lines and assembly than their metal counterparts. Only thing odd was painting the primer on seemed a little wishy washy to me. (Didn't seem to apply very well) But once that dried painting it was easy enough to work with. I have included a series of shots, as I worked on the miniature. The first shot is of the pieces after primming them, I painted them all pure black (Reaper Pro Paints).
In the next shot you can see the face a little better along with the eyes. The eyes are just blood red in all the sockets, the primary eyes got a hit of phoenix red to highlight them.
Here you can see the finished assembly. At this point I had added the metalic coloring for the blades, toes and some highlights.
I did two photo's at this stage as the flash in the second shot really demonstrates the drybrushing I had done over the black.
Lastly we have two completed shots with the rust brown wash and black over wash to help tone down the redness of the model.