Thursday, January 28, 2010

Work in Progress: Tarascus

I've gotten my Tarascus in the mail recently and after spending some time cleaning it up and doing a bit of repair to the figure, some of the parts had a few chipped of part from shipping/storage that need to be reattached. I primed this baby and began the long work of basecoating it. This thing is very impressive in size and I have to say I can't wait to field it against my opponents. It will be a lot of fun to see the look on their face as this Titan arrives ont he table to lay waste to their army.

After getting a good start at basecoating most of the figure I got stuck on deciding what colors to paint the leather bits of the figure. So while I was deciding on that I decided to do a more extensive paint job on the face and get a good feel for how it would come out in the end. So I painted up the mouth and face as well as the eyes. Now this isn't a finished job with the head but it's mostly their. None of the metal has any weathering effects yet (or highlighting/washing). I have to say this thing has been both a joy and a bit annoying to paint. I always hate the first steps of the paint process. Base coating a miniature to me is less about art and so much about just working, and this thing is huge. I have been taking breaks from it to keep myself from burning out on it. I mean you can only paint the same brown for some long before you want to pull your eyes out.






No comments: