Sunday, May 2, 2010

Malifaux, Convict Gunslinger

The Convict Gunslinger was an interesting piece to paint. Although a single piece sculpt he still had a number of interesting elements to him. The scars across his body along with free hand painting the stripes on his pants gave me more than enough to do while working on this miniature. I opted for blond hair rather than the punk green the miniature card shows. I just don’t see punk as really fitting into a western/Victorian/steam game. I know there are more examples of punk like clothing, and I was a child of the 80’s early 90’s. Still I just don’t care for the look at all. Besides between the Ortega clan and Pandora I’ve painted all the black/brown I can handle for hair. So more blond for more variety.

This is one of my few attempts at free hand painting. I don’t think the stripes came out perfect, but they are more than serviceable in my mind. Thankfully you won’t really be able to see more than front or back in practice. As the two sides don’t line up really well.

No comments: